- 1 Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon!
- 2 The visual editor is coming to this wiki
- 3 2016 WMF Strategy consultation
- 4 The visual editor is now active here
- 5 Hakka is missing
- 6 VisualEditor News #1—2016
- 7 Completion suggestor
- 8 Updates to wiki search auto completion are arriving 10 March
- 9 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)
- 10 Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants
- 11 Server switch 2016
- 12 Wikipedia to the Moon
- 13 Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun
- 14 Compact Links coming soon to this wiki
- 15 Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today
- 16 Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit
- 17 Editing News #2—2016
- 18 Save/Publish
- 19 管理員
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![編寫原始碼]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
The visual editor is coming to this wiki[編寫原始碼]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. Please help translate to your language. 感謝您!
The visual editor is coming to all editors at this Wikipedia on Monday, 25 January. It allows people to edit Wikipedia articles as if they were using word processing software.
You don't have to wait until the deployment to test it; you can test the visual editor right now. To turn it on, select "Beta" in your preferences. Choose "視覺化編輯器" and click save. When it is enabled, you will press the "Phiên-siá" button to edit an article in the new software. To use the wikitext editor, you can press "編寫原始碼".
After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either the visual editor or the current wikitext editor. For more information about how to use the visual editor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
More information about preparing for the visual editor is posted here.
- It's easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData information.
- Please help translate the user interface and pages about the visual editor. See the visual editor's TranslationCentral for general information. To translate the user guide, go to the MediaWiki.org page, and select "翻譯此頁面". Your language should be available from the drop-down menu on the right. Once you've done this, you'll see the document in English side by side with any translation work already done in your language. You can add new translations or change old translations. To translate the user interface, you need to create an account at translatewiki.net. Contact me personally if you need help with that.
- Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page. In case of emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), please contact James Forrester, the product manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[編寫原始碼]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to email@example.com.
The visual editor is now active here[編寫原始碼]
|Please translate to Hakka (how-to; data: January 2016)||Completion||Outdated|
|* The interface is hosted at https://translatewiki.net; you'll need an account if you never translated there before. The other pages are at Mediawiki.org, for which you can use your regular Wikipedia account.|
Hello again (and again, apologies for using English on this page. Please help translate to your language. 感謝您!)
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has the visual editor (視覺化編輯器) enabled for all users. (We planned to do this on 25 January 2016. However, last week, there was an unusual problem with an upgrade to MediaWiki. Thanks for your understanding.) There are now two tabs for editing: "Phiên-siá" and "編寫原始碼". Click "Phiên-siá" to use the visual editor. Click "編寫原始碼" to edit using wikitext markup.
All edits using the visual editor will be tagged with "Sṳ-kok-fa phiên-siá" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for the visual editor, click on the "(?)" icon in its toolbar. If you wish to disable this new system, this can be done under "Editing" in your preferences.
If you can translate from English into this wiki's language, or know anyone who can, please follow the links on the "translation table" and help your community get the best possible experience when it comes to interface messages and documentation related to the visual editor. Please contact me directly whenever you need help!
Hakka is missing[編寫原始碼]
Hakka is missing from this page:
More than 100 languages are now listed.
Thank you, Varlaam (對話) 01:46, 18 二月 2016 (UTC)
- Vàn-sṳ̀n--Engle躍【✉】丙申年快到了，釋放幸福吧！ 01:17, 19 二月 2016 (UTC)
VisualEditor News #1—2016[編寫原始碼]
Elitre (WMF), 19:21, 26 二月 2016 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[編寫原始碼]
Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 20:30, 17 三月 2016 (UTC)
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[編寫原始碼]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 15:47, 31 三月 2016 (UTC)
Server switch 2016[編寫原始碼]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 21:07, 17 四月 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon[編寫原始碼]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 15:35, 21 四月 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: voting has begun[編寫原始碼]
Hello, after six weeks of community discussion about Wikipedia to the Moon, there are now 10 different proposals for content for the mission. Starting today, you can vote for them on Meta-Wiki, and decide what we will work on: a Wikipedia canon, different lists, the Moon in 300 languages, an astronomy editathon, featured articles, articles about technology, endangered things, or DNA-related topics. You can even vote against community involvement. Voting is open until 24 June. Sorry that this message is again in English only, but we are using village pumps to reach as many communities as possible, so that everyone knows they can vote. Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 15:31, 10 六月 2016 (UTC)
Compact Links coming soon to this wiki[編寫原始碼]
Please help translate to your language
Hello, I wanted to give a heads up about an upcoming feature for this wiki which you may seen already in the Tech News. Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). This will be enabled as a feature in the soon for all users, which can be turned on or off using a preference setting. We look forward to your feedback and please do let us know if you have any questions. Details about Compact Language Links can be read in the project documentation.
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. The main announcement can also be translated on this page. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-13:06, 29 六月 2016 (UTC)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[編寫原始碼]
Please help translate to your language
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk)-03:05, 1 七月 2016 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon: invitation to edit[編寫原始碼]
Three weeks ago, you were invited to vote on how to take Wikipedia articles to the Moon. Community voting is over and the winning idea is to send all ‘’featured articles and lists’’ to the Moon. This decision means that, starting today, Wikipedians from all language communities are warmly invited to intensively work on their best articles and lists, and submit them to Wikipedia to the Moon. The central site to coordinate between communities will be Meta-Wiki. You will find an overview and more information there. Hopefully, we will be able to represent as many languages as possible, to show Wikipedia’s diversity. Please feel kindly invited to edit on behalf of your community and tell us about your work on featured content!
Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 14:10, 1 七月 2016 (UTC)
Editing News #2—2016[編寫原始碼]
m:User:Elitre (WMF), 17:20, 3 Chhit-ngie̍t 2016 (UTC)